Check out this informative article on what serial killers think of pornography and their connections to it! Very revealing! (From the site of Pornography Harms – @Porn_Harms)
- Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer of Wisconsin, speaking of his routine before hunting for a victim said, “Just…using pictures of past victims…the pornography videos, the magazines…” Jeffrey Dahmer killed 17 boys and men.
- Ted Bundy, convicted rapist and mutilation murderer of Washington, said that hard-core pornography had a “crystallizing effect” on his violent tendencies and his acting out during the 1970s.
- Arthur Gary Bishop from Utah, executed for raping and murdering five boys in the 1980s, said pornography’s “effect on me was devastating.”
- Andrei Chikatilo, a Russian serial killer, murdered at least 53 women and children. ”…with pictures of naked women in his prison cell, he blamed pornography as the cause of this troubles.”
- Wisconsin resident Ed Gein, the first serial killer, aka The Butcher of Plainfield, and inspiration for movies such as Psycho, Maniac, and The Silence of the Lambs ”accumulated a library of anatomy books, porn magazines, horror and adventure novel…” in the 1950s.
- John Wayne Gacy‘s wife filed for divorce in 1976 because “Gacy’s moods had become erratic, and [she] had found Gacy’s pornographic magazine collection which was all centered around young boys.” Gacy killed at least 33 young men and boys in Chicago, Illinois.
- The nickname BTK (bind, torture, kill) was given to Dennis Rader, a Kansas native, who killed 10 people. “He kept meticulous records of his fantasies and crimes in what he called his ‘mother lode’ collection of pornography.”
- David Berkowitz killed over a dozen people in New York. He joined a cult and was introduced to “drug use, sadistic pornography and violent crime.” The cult also created and distributed child pornography.
- Richard Ramirez was exposed to explicit pictures of his cousin “raping Vietnamese women and severing the heads of Vietcong soldiers.” He in turn killed at least 13 people in California.
- Edmund Kemper, a California serial killer and necrophile known as the Co-ed Killer, used pornography and detective magazines for erotic stimulation; he picked up women who were hitch-hiking, then killed, and raped them post-mortem.
- Ottis Toole from Florida became obsessed with gay pornography. He “committed his first murder at the age of 14.” During his killing spree, accompanied by Henry Lee Lucas, he killed 108 people.
- The Grim Sleeper, Lonnie Franklin Jr., “had a penchant for prostitutes and pornography.” A resident of LA, he would pick up prostitutes, take pornographic pictures of his victims, then strangle them to death. His killing spree included 11 murders.
- In the murder case of Tia Sharp, a 12-year-old girl from the UK, the judge declared to murderer Stuart Hazell, “the records of your internet searching on your mobile phone make abundantly clear that you were looking out for pornographic pictures of pre-teen girls.”
- In 2013, on the day Mark Bridger, a UK native, abducted April Jones, he “viewed online photographs of a young girl and a pornographic cartoon depicting…rape.”
- The use of pornography likely will not result in the casual viewer to commit violent acts; in the cases cited above, their behaviors included pornography use. I believe pornography can have serious and lasting affects on behavior.
NOTE: This is just one of many articles posted on our Facebook page by Kevin Manningham, a very helpful anti-porn advocate. Please check out, like and share some of his other excellent posts, and those by others who post new content on our page on a daily basis. Thanks!
Please support the cause by following us here at this blog, liking us at Facebook, subscribing to our YouTube channels, and following our Twitter accounts. Thanks! ~~
FACEBOOK: AntiPornography.org – Nonreligious, Pro Free Speech, Pro Healthy Sex & Love ~~ http://www.facebook.com/ENDSexploitation ~~
YOUTUBE CHANNELS: AntiPornographyBlog ~~ AntiPornographyOrg ~~ SayNOtoProstitution ~~ ENDSexTrafficDEMAND ~~ PornAddictionHelp ~~ SayNOtoSadomasochism ~~
TWITTER ACCOUNTS: @AntiPornography ~~ @ENDSexTraffic ~~ @ENDProstitution ~~ @NoSadomasochism ~~ @PornAddictHelp1 ~~ @HealthySexNLove ~~
Post created by AntiPornography.org Nonprofit Organization ~ Preventing and combating the devastating harms of pornography, prostitution, sex trafficking and sexual slavery, while supporting safe, healthy, equality-based sex, love, and relationships ~
NOTE: To comment on this post please do not click on the "Add a comment" link above. Instead, if you're viewing this post on the main blog page, please click on the "# comments" link further down and to the right, next to the time of this post. Or, if you're viewing this post on its own page, please click on "Post a comment" below the tags of this post. Also, apologies for if there are any unclickable URLs in this post. They will be fixed as time allows. In the meantime, please feel free to just copy any unformatted link and then past it into a browser address bar and then hit ENTER, in order to get to the desired page. Thanks!
NOTE: There is no more of this post at the "Read more" link below. (If anyone knows how we can make sure that that link doesn't show up in any future posts, please let us know. Thanks!) Sorry about any confusion or inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on resolving this technical issue and any others at this blog that need addressing.